Schools in the Ashland School District will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 10. In a post on Facebook, Ashland Public Schools stated that Friday’s snow storm was the largest to hit the Rogue Valley floor since 1980.
For the Medford Mail Tribune, Ryan Pfeil and Sam Wheeler related that 6 inches of snow was reported in Ashland, Medford and Grants Pass as of 7 p.m. Friday.
In its Facebook post dated 5:40 p.m. Monday, Ashland Public Schools indicated that roads and school campuses remained iced-over.
Ashland Public Schools indicated that maintenance crews will be able to be on campus Tuesday to clear ice from student drop-off points, walkways and stairs and to make sure heating systems are operational.
District personnel will wait until Tuesday afternoon before making a final decision regarding school on Wednesday.
Ashland Public Schools recommended staying tuned to televisions, radios or the school district website for up-to-date information.
“We’ll be working hard to recover from this storm. We regret the inconvenience this causes working families and the impact on education. Safety is always our first priority. Thank you for your patience.”
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal