The Friends of the Ashland Public Library will hold its annual Book Sale and Silent Auction, noon to 4 p.m. Nov. 16 and noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 17 in the Ashland Branch Library’s Gresham Meeting Room, 410 Siskiyou Blvd.
According to “News and Events” at Jackson County Library Services, the sale will feature an assortment of like-new, gift-quality books in all genres including fiction, nonfiction, and children’s titles. The sale will also feature a selection of CDs and DVDs.
The silent auction offers a variety of themed gift baskets featuring items donated by Ashland businesses, as well as gift certificates.
Friends of the Ashland Public Library members can enjoy a members-only presale from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 16; memberships will be available at the door.
Proceeds from the book sale and silent auction help fund the Books for Babies early literacy program, in addition to other library events and special programs for children, youth, and adults, including author nights, films, game days, storytellers, workshops, travelogues, crafts, and reading programs.
Friends of the Library also helps to supplement the collection at the Ashland Branch Library, paying for magazine subscriptions and “Hot Off the Press” new release books and DVDs.
For more information, call the Ashland Branch Library at 541-774-6996, e-mail Friends of the Ashland Public Library at email@example.com, or visit www.jcls.org.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal