For years I worked in a job that involved sitting at a desk. I really wanted the kind of job I have now: physically active at a library.
It’s easier and easier to walk without the cane but standing in one place — sustaining weight on my foot — is difficult.
Shelving returns has been a steady focus of my work.
Shelving was the best part of my week when I volunteered in Middletown and now I get to shelve every day in Bellview’s library media center.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal