Just in time for back to school, the next Big Library Read selection is geared toward juvenile readers.
OverDrive announced this week that Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth by Jane O’Connor (HarperCollins Publishers) will be available in eBook and audiobook formats for simultaneous use, Sept. 16 to 30 through participating OverDrive-powered digital collections.
Afterward, libraries may purchase the title for one copy/one user lending.
The Big Library Read, which debuted in May with Michael Malone’s Four Corners of the Sky, was “designed to demonstrate the vital roles libraries play in connecting readers with books and authors.”
According to OverDrive, during less than three weeks, users checked out Malone’s featured title more than 44,000 times.
“Malone’s other titles experienced a sales increase, and checkout rate growth of more than 100 percent.”
OverDrive anticipates its Big Library Read selection of Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth “is perfect for generating excitement among young readers just in time for back to school.”
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal