Kim Wolfe, director of Jackson County Library Services; and Eric Molinsky tech support for the online lending platform Library2Go, were recent guests on Five on 5 at KOBI in Medford.
The discussion focused on JCLS being named a Digital Library Champion for its YouTube video highlighting the Library2Go redesign.
According to Wolfe, 41,000 items can be accessed online.
Wolfe emphasized that Library2Go and other online offerings — the Freegal downloadable music service and Mango language tutorials among them — are in addition to programs and services offered through the physical library.
“Libraries are community centers,” Wllfe said; the online portion is just another way to use library services.
Online services are accessible from www.jcls.org.
Technical questions about Library2Go can be directed tood firstname.lastname@example.org. An overview of Library2Go is scheduled for 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Ashland Branch Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal