Saturday, August 31, 2013

‘I am a social librarian’

Infographic: I am a Social Librarian. I am a curator, creator, and promotor. I am an educator. I am a facilitator and experimenter. I am a beacon. I am ready. Never underestimate the power of the {social} librarian.

Elsevier’s Library Connect newsletter and Joe Murphy, librarian and technology analyst, offer up a visual portrait of The Social Librarian.

“Social today means so much more than sending a tweet or posting to Facebook. The social librarian is enmeshed in the fabric of the Internet of Things as curator, educator, filter and beacon. In this complex, dynamic and demanding environment, librarians are extending themselves and empowering library users.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.