Through its explanations of Boolean logic and summary of available resources, this course met my expectations for becoming more proficient at Internet search.
I enjoyed following step-by-step exercises in the book.
Of particular value were the annotated bibliography and literature review, which encouraged thinking critically about the information we viewed online.
The one area of improvement that I would recommend is directed less toward the instructor than toward the authors of our text. While written in 2010, the book has not kept pace with options that are no longer offered by providers.
While otherwise of value for detailed step-by-step instructions, the book needs to eliminate references to services and features that are no longer online.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal