Yarn Bombing @ Your Library.
For International Yarn Bombing Day on June 8, I crocheted pansies and placed them in the landscape at Southern Oregon University’s Hannon Library and at Jackson County Library Services’ Ashland branch library. A couple days later, the tags were gone.
June 8 was also the launch of World Wide Knit in Public Day, an observance that continued through June 16. While curating images, I also shared links to a media outlet’s photo gallery depicting a knitters’ gathering at the Inverloch library, Australia.
The emphasis of my page is to raise visibility of libraries and images depicting fiber art projects whose participants met at libraries certainly advance that aim.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal