My elected representatives in Oregon (or at least the administrators of their Twitter accounts) now know what I like about libraries, using the library system in Butte County, Calif. as an example.
I curated the list in response to a question posed on social media by Butte County journalist Roger Aylworth. Because he was asking about Butte County government, I used Butte County links to illustrate my points.
But everything on the list is equally applicable at libraries across Oregon and the United States. And it seemed worthwhile to share the Storify transcript for National Library Legislative Day.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal