In the Dewey Decimal classification system, 020 corresponds to Library and Information Science. Jackson County Library Services (JCLS) offers a number of titles related to library operations: information technology, employee training, public relations and more.
During a visit to Medford, Oregon to leave resumes with area media, I couldn’t resist visiting JCLS’ Medford Branch Library. Two books accompanied me during the bus trip home: The New Information Professional: Your Guide to Careers in the Digital Age by Judy Lawson, Joanna Kroll and Kelly Kowatch (Neal-Schulman Publishers, 2010) and Without a Net: Librarians Bridging the Digital Divide by Jessamyn C. West (Libraries Unlimited, 2011).
These resources will be an invaluable supplement to my formal training toward certification and an Associate’s degree through Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo. For self-directed, independent learning in library and information science, I need look no further than JCLS’ non-fiction stacks.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries-- Lake County CA
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Jackson County OR
- 027.473-Public Libraries--Sonoma County CA
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries--Bellview Elementary
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 746.43-Yarn bombing (Knitting and Crochet)
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal