A visit to Jackson County Library Services’ Library Friends Group page shows active groups at nearly every branch (There are detailed listings for all but the Butte Falls and White City branches; under those branches phone numbers are given for more information).
This weekend I contacted Friends of the Ashland Public Library and Friends of the Medford Library to ask about volunteer possibilities through Friends at their respective libraries.
Even though my primary focus must be on seeking paid work, I am deeply committed to volunteering at Ashland-area libraries. Volunteering offers hands-on practice for concepts learned in library school and offers a way to reciprocate a lifelong reliance upon libraries.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal