Had a lunch-time date with the California Newspaper Publishers Association: serving as an online judge for its Better Newspapers Contest.
Papers enters the competition and field members of their staff to serve as category judges. I logged in online and viewed entries in a photographic category.
Someone else will pick the actual winners, so it offered me a no-pressure chance to evaluate some remarkable photography.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal