Monday, January 21, 2013

‘Support Libraries’ in two languages

Cynthia Parkhill crochets yarnstorming tag: "Support Libraries" in Hebrew
‘Support Libraries’ in Hebrew

Yarn Bombing @ Your Library, my library-advocacy project, is off to a good start in 2013. This weekend I crocheted a yarnstorming tag for an emissary in Israel.

Anat Kolumbus provided the English-to-Hebrew translation and assistance with the letterforms, which I incorporated in a freehand crocheted message tag. I allowed myself the luxury of a seven-stitch letter height instead of the five that I usually use when crocheting letterforms.

(I don’t usually wear the balaclava when attaching my tags but I couldn’t resist donning it for the work-in-progress photograph).

I also applied my first tag of the new year: “Support Libraries” at the Harriet Lee Hammond Library in Upper Lake, Calif. Support for libraries is international!

International support is reflected in an updated Facebook timeline for Yarn Bombing @ Your Library, with images of creative advocacy from around the U.S. and world.

"Support Libraries" crocheted tag on pole in front of Upper Lake, Calif. library
‘Support Libraries’ in English

1 comment:

  1. Yarn Bombing at Your International Library! Maybe in a couple of years we'll be able to go see the library that's going to house your tag.

    ReplyDelete

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.