Saturday, January 5, 2013

New year promoting church lending library

I begin a new year promoting a Book of the Month for the Unitarian Universalist Community of Lake County (UUCLC) Lending Library with Tending the Soul’s Garden by Denise Rushing.

It isn’t as easy to maintain hands-on involvement given my family’s greater geographic distance from the church community. But I’ve cherished the opportunity to apply what I learned from library school coursework toward a hands-on practice.

My volunteer involvement  with the UUCLC Lending Library has given me direct experience in collection development, marketing and even policy-making. It has been an enriching opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.