my comment about media portrayals of the disability community on a recent JA blog post.
On Dec. 14, JA writer Emily Harris posted an interview with Doug Mitchell, co-director of the Unity New U Entrepreneur Fellowship program. The orgaization helps secure funding for minority journalists to want to start their own company. In so doing, it contributes to greater diversity in the media.
I advocated inclusion of the disability community among efforts to promote greater representation among minority journalists. JA posted a link to my comment on Twitter.
Subject Classifications (Partial list, via Dewey Decimal System)
- 006.754-Social Media
- 020-Library and Information Science
- 020.92-Cynthia M. Parkhill (Biographical)
- 023.3-Library Workers
- 025.04-Internet Access
- 027.473-Public Libraries
- 027.663-Libraries and people with disabilities
- 027.8-School Libraries
- 028.52-Children's Literature
- 028.535-Young Adult Literature
- 028.7-Information Literacy
- 158.2-Social Intelligence
- 323.30-People with disabilities--Civil rights
- 658.812-Customer Service
- 659.2-Public Relations
- 686.22-Graphic Design
- 809-Literature--Critical Appraisal