Sunday, April 22, 2012

More ‘Bully’ blogging: Refashioned ‘No Bully’ shirt

 The “No Bully” button that a theater manager gave to me because, well, I asked for one, inspired me to refashion a shirt into my own “No Bully” shirt.

Step one in the creation of my shirt involved cutting out the letters and the circle shape.
Step one in the creation of my shirt involved cutting out the letters and the circle shape.

The letters were cut freehand from yellow floral fabric and the circle with line through it was cut from a red bandanna. The bandanna pattern worked perfectly, forming a circle with its paisley motifs.

Letters and circle arranged on the shirt in preparation for sewing
Once cut out, the next step was to machine-applique the letters and circle to the shirt.

Wearing the finished shirt, I cuddle my crafting helper Starfire.
The completed shirt turned out great; the base garment is a T-shirt I bought through Toastmasters International. Much love and thanks to my helper Starfire for keeping me company while I worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.