Saturday, November 12, 2011

First yarn bombing tag at Middletown library

Loom-knit tree sweater with tag: "Yarn Bombing @ Your Library"
Jonathan and I got up at 5 a.m. this morning so that I could stitch a piece of knitting to a tree at the Middletown library.

The “tree sweater” idea came from a book that I checked out through the library: Yarn Bombing: The Art of Crochet and Knit Graffiti by Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain (Arsenal Pulp Press, 2009. I’d been intrigued by yarn bombing since seeing pictures in my Lion Brand catalog.

I requested the book and arranged for pick-up at the Middletown library so I suppose that makes the yarn bomber’s identity a fairly obvious one.

(That and the newspaper column that listed the book among others in my favorite knitting books).

But I plan to “tag” other libraries in the area where my identity may not be so obvious. I have my own pin-on tags that say “Yarn Bombing @ Your Library;” they’ll accompany my pieces.

Transcribed from personal journal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.